Friday, August 18, 2006

Finally back. It's all good now.

I was almost in tears when i came back. No one will really understand why i feel so much happier when i am in the US.It's tough for people to understand and hard for me to explain. But let's just keep it that way.

On the way to Taipei (where i lay over for 1 hour), i had the window seat, and there was no one on my right but a HUGE man on the isle seat. So it was me - empty chair - HUGE MAN at isle seat. Its like having a ferrari in Singapore. (Ok,this one's a real weird analogy). It's like you can pretty much zoom so much quicker to anywhere in Singapore, but u still have to be restricted and stopped by traffic.

I mean, i have all this space now, but i still have to WAIT for Mr Andre the Giant to close his laptop/try to find the seat belt buckle lost in his fats/unbuckle that with his fat fingers/pull himself out of the seat (i swear i hear a "SHWWOORP!" sound like u pop a cork of a wine bottle)/struggle 3 times to stand up/stand up to avoid slamming the other people with his massive butt,

THEN after all that, can i go to the bathroom. Same process for me coming back (it takes about a good 15mins to stand there waiting for this whole procedure to take place u'know?), EXCEPT the coming back I MYSELF have to watch from being slammed by his massive butt.
Sorry, he was just huge. HUGE.

Once again, i just simply LOVE flying.


The Engine











I sat next to the left engine this time. I've always had seats next to the wing, which pretty much covers whatever already little view i have of the outside. And i strangely (and responsibly) skim my eyes through the exterior of the engine, as if i was anywhere close to knowing what i was looking for, to make sure that everything looked fine.If not, i wanted to be the hero guy that went "Excuse miss stewardess ma'am, i think theres something wrong with the engine and maybe you should take a look at it".

But even when the engine looked beautiful on the exterior, i just stare at it everytime i look out, like i was hoping i'd be the first one with the front row seats to catch the first sight when the engine explodes in midair. So when we all end up in the hospital, the press can come ask me, and i will be the ONLY one who could tell them stuff like "At first there was smoke from the upper lefter bolted section (my version of airplane technical language) and then sparks from the C2-5LP5SG (again) and then it just blew up!" Wow, THEN they'll understand me. I'd shed such light on the investigation.

"People say i watch too much LOST"





This is pretty much where i sat. I was that close.





So for all you similar Singapore Airlines fans, ( i dunno if it's already been there), but i noticed a new change in the "stuff" in front of you when u sit.


1) New side screen holders. (I basically use it to put the plastic wrapping they wrap EVERYTHING they give me, blanket, headphones, toothrush, fork/spoon, sheesh).

2) That little cup holder. Now i dun have to pull the whole tray down just to place my tiny cup down. It was handy.


3) Now u can pause / start from beginning / fast forward / rewind every movie or tv show u are watching on your personal screen. Thats cool. It's handy when they INTERRUPT YOU WITH DRINKS EVERY MINUTE! "Would you like a drink sir?" "Would you like peanuts sir?" "Would you like the Asian or western lunch sir?" "Would you like me to stop interrupting you sir?" "Sir?" "Sir?" "Sir sir sir sir sir sir sir?" "Hullo Sir?" "So would you like me to stop sir?" "Sir?" "Sear?" "Sere?" "Snake?" "Sire?" "Majesty-ness?"

4) New games and new tv shows now.
I watched Mission Impossible III, Shes the Man, Over the Hedge, Stick It, Simpsons, Futurama, and some video-mentary about Maroon 5. The rest of the time was interrupted by stewardesses.


Eva Air has Hello Kitty painted on their plane. No wonder planes get shot down by missiles by "accident"



Flying above Los Angeles at night.

I'm home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home