Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The car.

I was so tired today. Eyes just so tired. Maybe its the air. Californian air is dry. My eyes feel like rubber (Eeww, i actually grossed myself out).

I saw an ad today about this car...

1997 Chrysler Sebring Convertible



Was going for $2800. Kelly Blue Book posted the value at "Fair" (other than Good and Excellent) at abt $3400.
I thought it was a good deal. So i had to find a ride.

Thank God for Andrea, she's amazing. She was so willing to loan me her car to drive down to Whittier (30mins) to check out the car.

So i checked the car and thought it was pretty pimpin. I liked it. The seller was a Romanian guy, clean cut good looking soccer player look. We got on pretty well and was soon talking about our horrid experiences as Internationals in the US.
He was a nice guy, price was good, car looked good (though the Chrysler brakes are pretty tough, u need to jam it reeeal had) But i had to be sure.

I sent it to a nearby mechanic and had it checked. Turns out....
Lots of oil leaks, a couple of problems. Though the car is absolutely driveable and not likely to break down tomorrow (or after i drive it out of the garage), these things are there. So i needed to jnow the damage, how much to fix it up.
Everything, $1500. But the minimum to fix (like oil leaks etc) $790.
And george (the seller) wouldn't budge on the price cos he thought he was selling it waay low already. And there were other interested parties.

I couldn't make a decision. I had to leave first and get back to him.Plus, I needed to return Andrea the car.

Here's the weiiird thing. I prayed and asked God if it's His will, bless the whole process. I even boldy asked Him for a sign ( i usually dared not, becos sometimes u confuse yourself too). I told Him "God if it's your will, let him drop the price a little, and let there be peace in my heart about this car."

George didnt want to budge about the price. Cos he had calls while we were checking out the car, and people who tested the car before called him back. Then, as we parted ways, he said he would drop it $100 if i wanted it.

Sigh. A sign or not a sign? I would then have to spend $1500 to fix it now? God? How? $2700+$1500 ?

Thats why i dun like to ask God for a sign. Cos even when He shows me, i cant read it, or read it wrong or choose to think otherwise. Sigh.

The car might even be gone by morning already. (Do you know its 444am now??)

Mental note: new prayer. Pray that if the car IS meant to be, then let it still be avail tomr morning. Stefan, you're hopeless. Then if its gonna be available, what next stefan? "Let the Romanian guy mention my IC number (Which would be virtually impossible for him to know) AND in Cantonese, AND in rap,...............then i know its a sign and i will buy the car."

Go slap yourself to sleep stefan.


PS, can you tell me Blogging HTML Skills have improved?

OI! You read here you better say hi in the chatbox ah! Or else u have to pay ah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home